Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Discovered Chicken Cutlets: Mind Blown

Lest I just be a board gamer and not a pampered one, allow me to share my discovery of chicken cutlets! These are so easy to make, to store, and to nomnomnom! You've probably made this recipe several times, but I didn't know about them until a friend of mine shared them at a recent potluck I had recently. Now I'm addicted...

A bit of advice for Fordham students! Please get your cutlets from Modern Food, and not Compare Supermarket. The butchers at Compare must be wearing drunk goggles when cutting the meat, while the Modern cutlets look picture perfect!

Here's how I prepare my cutlets. Start out by washing the chicken thoroughly, and prepare an assembly line of three bowls. Bowl #1 should have flour, #2: A cracked egg along with a splash of milk, #3: Bread crumbs, your favorite spices (I used dried parsley, salt and pepper), and a couple tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Starting with bowl #1 - #3, cover the chicken generously with flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally coat throughly with bread crumbs. When you're done, the cutlets should look like this:


Prepare your frying pan with a generous amount of oil (I used light olive oil) and heat to medium-high. I love bread crumbs, because you can use them to check the heat of the oil! Just drop one in, and it should fry when everything's ready.



Because most cutlets are thin, the chicken should quickly fry in 3-4 minutes on each side. Take them to your plate, and tell the neighbors that chicken is served! Or eat everything by yourself, as I did alongside a baked potato and roasted asparagus.


Did I mention that asparagus (when cooked properly) is better than french fries! Clean them, pour a little bit of oil, salt and pepper on them, then roast them in the oven at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Grandma will be so proud of you!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe!! Try it yourself and let me know how it works out for you. I'll be back sometime next month with a Peruvian recipe!!

1 comment:

  1. chicken cutlets are great! you can also use the same with eggplant for a healthier option

    ReplyDelete